I have always enjoyed building web applications both professionally and for fun. Currently, I focus my days on building evaluation software for Discovery Software Ltd. In my free time I enjoy getting some practice and learning new skills consulting on smaller, diverse sites. In the past my day job was working for the University of Waterloo. Throughout my career I have taken many projects from conception to completion. Working independently and as part of a small team I have developed software to meet the needs of various groups. These projects involved working closely with clients to satisfy project requirements and craft software solutions that exceed expectations.
Discovery Software 2011 – present
I am a full time developer of Rubrix, evaluation software targeted at educators of K to 12 students. For Rubrix I participate in requirements gathering, design and specification of UI, APIs, and data models, along with implementation of features at all levels of the application.
Web Development Consulting 2011 – present
I consult on web development projects in my off hours as well. These projects provide diversity in my professional development in addition to giving me a chance to work on fun projects with a cool group of folks.
Recent projects include:
- thecheapinvestor.com Working closely with my napkinware buddies I provided implementation of portions of this Wordpress based site.
- worldelephantday.org Another napkinware joint, I provided testing and development on this campaign site for World Elephant day.
- Presto I contributed to this PHP library for RESTfull API delegation.
- walnutgrovecoop.org I designed and implemented a brochure site and member portal for the Walnut Grove Housing Cooperative in Langley, BC.
ZE Power Group 2010 – 2011
- requirements analysis and data modelling
- design and implementation of data collection modules
- conformance testing
Library Systems, University of Waterloo 2006 – 2010
- working with University staff
- requirements gathering
- design and implementation of diverse projects
- operational concerns of production systems
- DeepSearch: using Summon search API to bridge Proquest and UW's search service, Primo
- Engineering Preprint Service (Engine)
- Louis Jacob Breithaupt Diary Pilot
- Room Booking Systems (Student and Staff)
- UWSpace (Institutional Repository)
ABB Group 2005
- working as part of a team situated partly in Brampton ON and partly in Spain
- collection and integration of real-time SCADA data for automotive parts stamping
- building custom web interfaces for data exposure and aggregation
- University of Waterloo Honours BCS with distinction (2009)
- British Columbia Institute of Technology Diploma of Technology in Multimedia Systems Development with honours (2002)